Title: Vice President of Academic Affairs
Company: Mid-State Technical College
Location: Plover, WI
Dr. Krause-Hanson has garnered a reputation of distinction for her outstanding achievements as an academic leader over the course of an illustrious career, which has spanned nearly four decades. She was recently named a Professional of the Year in Educational Leadership and Mentorship by Worldwide Who’s Who, and additionally, she has received the following awards and accolades:
- President’s Award, WACTE (2012)
- Region III Award of Merit, ACTE (2008)
- Nominee, Region 3 Outstanding Educator of the Year, ACTE (2007-2008)
- Outstanding Administrator of the Year, BACTE (2006-2007)
- Outstanding Administrator of the Year, WACTE (2001, 2007)
- AVA Outstanding New Vocational Teacher (1996)
- AVA Region 3 Outstanding New Vocational Teacher (1995)
- WVA Outstanding New Vocational Teacher (1995)
- BTA New Vocational Teacher of the Year (1995, 1994, 1993)
In her current capacity, Dr. Krause-Hanson is in charge of reporting to the university president, overseeing all programs, faculty, institutional research, and the library, and implementing work force development strategies to coordinate admission. She also retrains others for layoffs, hires within the community, manages the MSTC Foundation, markets for the school, and mentors others and facilitates processes for the Chair Academy.
Dr. Krause-Hanson has been designated an academic leader and knowledgeable and headstrong mentor due to a demonstration of a passion for what she does, her students, a love of learning, and a continuous desire to keep learning. She would like to be remembered as somebody who was passionate about learning and who was here for the students. After having earned a myriad of honors and rave reviews, Dr. Krause-Hanson marks her greatest career achievement as her being awarded by her students because of her kindness and community service.